Khamzat Chimaev Pulls Out Of January 20th Bout Against Leon Edwards
Khamzat Chimaev has pulled out of his January 20th bout against Leon Edwards. This is now the second time this fight has been canceled. According to the Daily Mail there are no plans currently to reschedule the fight. The first time the bout was canceled was due to Leon Edwards testing positive for COVID-19 in December. Although its pretty common for fights to be canceled considering we’re going through a global pandemic it still sucks to lose such a great match up. Furthermore, the opening on the card sets up some possible match ups that would be insane.
Khamzat Pulling Out Leaves January 20th Bout Without A Main Event
Now that the bout between Chimaev vs Edwards is canceled what should the UFC do with the January 20th card? Sure, I guess the UFC can attempt to find Edwards another match up, but fans have been looking forward to this fight for a while. After it was canceled the first time in December it was rescheduled for January 20th. Now it seems the UFC is stuck between a rock and hard place trying to figure out what is next. There are plenty of matches that the UFC could move up to headline such as Chiesa vs Magny or Munhoz vs Rivera, but losing such a big fight is a big loss to the card. It will be interesting to see if the UFC decides to rebook this fight for the third time.
Although this isn’t the biggest loss to the triple header weekend coming up in January it still sucks a headline fight is scrapped. Besides, I’m sure Kevin Holland is ready to fight again so why not throw him on the card? In fact, I know he would take the opportunity in a heartbeat. Here is how the card is looking so far..
UFC FIGHT NIGHT 185
Welterweight bout: Leon Edwards vs. Khamzat Chimaev
- Featherweight bout: Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Lerone Murphy
- Flyweight bout: Francisco Figueiredo vs. Jerome Rivera
- Women’s Flyweight bout: Roxanne Modafferi vs. Viviane Araújo
- Flyweight bout: Matt Schnell vs. Tyson Nam
- Welterweight bout: Michael Chiesa vs. Neil Magny
- Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown
- Welterweight bout: Mike Jackson vs. Dean Barry
- Flyweight bout: Jeff Molina vs. Zarrukh Adashev
- Light Heavyweight bout: Vinicius Moreira vs. Isaac Villanueva
- Bantamweight bout: Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Women’s Flyweight bout: Victoria Leonardo vs. Manon Fiorot
Leave A Comment